Hi, here's the deal for booking music or art at Mother Fool's.
Art - Stephanie books the art. Contact her using our Contact Page (be sure to choose "Art Booking" as the subject). Include a link to your work if possible. All of our art shows run for one calendar month.
Music - Please call or e-mail before sending a
demo. I, Jon Hain, do all the music booking and take music related calls at our office line: 608 259 1030. Do not call the
cafe. You may e-mail me from our contact page.
In general, I try to book a wide variety of styles. I am most interested in
artists that are doing something a bit more off the beaten path. We get a lot of submissions for singer / songwriter stuff and are therefore very picky. We do 2 shows per week. Fridays and Saturdays only. Unless you are Dolly Parton don't call about weekdays. I don't book cover bands although we do present some old-timey stuff and yes, that's all covers... Also, due to the smallness of our venue, I can't do any really loud
music. In addition to what you'd expect at a coffeehouse, we also do experimental music of various types, arty stuff, some rock... Get in touch and I'll let you know if it is a possibility.
- Online listening is easiest. Please email me links to listen to full songs. Do not mail cassette/s, VHS or dvds.
- Please include your contact info on every piece of information you send.
- If you are booking a tour and looking for specific dates, please bring this to my
- Please follow up in a timely manner (1 - 3 weeks). This helps me keep
track of everything.
- We ONLY do music on Fridays and Saturdays.
- We pay musicians 100% of the door. A typical cover charge is $6 to $10.
- We have a small Rouge PA. It is small but works great for vocals.
Musicians are also welcome to bring their own PA.
- Mother Fool's is a smoke-free, all-ages venue.
To see the big list of who's played Mother Fool's, Click
Our Mailing address is:
Mother Fool's Booking
1101 Williamson St.
Madison, WI 53703